Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Did I drop off the face of the Earth?

No, just moved across the country.

Yup it's official.  We are now residents of North Carolina.

Specifically we are living in Wilson, NC.  Wilson is a small town in the coastal plain region of North Carolina.  It isn't too far from Raleigh and the Triangle area, about an hour, and not too far from the beach either, only about 2 hours to the coast.

It has now been three weeks since we got here, (which is incredibly hard to believe) and to be completely honest, I am not sure how I feel about it yet.  Getting comfortable with a new place takes some time, I know that much from all the moving we have done (check out my post on all the places I have lived over the years.) For now I am trying to keep myself busy unpacking boxes (yes there are still some left), applying for jobs, and exploring this town.  Oh and dealing with earthquakes and hurricanes, no big deal!

We had quite the fun adventure driving across the country and moving into the new place.  Don't worry, I will share all the fun stories with you.  For now though I will just share some stuff about my new town.

The Wilson Whirligig Festival is an annual arts and crafts festival held each November.


There are plenty of lakes and beautiful reservoirs in Wilson.
Barton College is a major part of the community, and my hubby's new place of work!


I have heard there are a lot of good antique stores.


And in a town not too far away is the annual NC Pickle Festival! Can't wait for this one.

So much to explore and so much to share.  Meet back here tomorrow? Okay it's a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment