Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

3 Weekend Recap

Gosh I am behind.  The past couple weeks was very busy for us that I have yet to tell you what has been going on.

Well a few weekends back we had big travel plans .. kinda.  The hubby was in New Orleans for the annual Athletic Training Conference starting Sunday.  He had a great time down there meeting up with some friends and enjoying bourbon street in all its glory.
And he also learned a bit too since I guess that is the whole point of the convention.  Although I wanted to, there was no need for me to go. I just stayed home and work while suggesting that it would be greatly appreciated if he brought me back some beignets from Cafe Du Monde.
Side note about beignets - They are some of the most delicious deep fried dough you will ever have in your life.  If you are in New Orleans ever you must not skip out on this local coffee shop!  However, I must note that they do not taste as good when they are a day old and were smashed in a duffel bag all day. Oh well!

Anyways, getting back on track - I had to pick him up from the St Louis airport Wed at midnight.  Yeah, seriously! That's what you get for cheap tickets.  We drove the additional 1.5 hours back to his parents house, arriving nice and late.

We had planned to leave Thursday morning for Cincinnati to hang out with my older sister for the day, but because of a lot of complications and frustrations she was unable to get back to her place like she planned.  So instead we spent some extra time with Nate's family.

Friday we left for Cincinnati/ Northern Kentucky and met up with my little sister for lunch.  We spent the afternoon together, bringing my doggie nephew to the dog park.
It was nice to see her since I hadn't seen her since my wedding last July.

Then we got to spend the evening with one of my college friends.  We had a nice dinner, some beer, and just catching up.

The next day we had a wedding for one of Nate's college friends.  So we got to our hotel early, did some relaxing, and even made time for an afternoon movie.
Oh and I didn't mention I got to indulge in my favorite thing about Cincinnati ...

SKYLINE CHILI!
Oh doesn't that neon cheese just look amazing.  Seriously though their cheese coneys are just simply heaven!  I was determined to make sure I had some skyline before leaving Ohio.   Mission accomplished!

Then of course we went to the wedding.  It was just beautiful and we had a blast!
I was very excited for my dress I found for the occasion.  Twenty dollars on the clearance rack and a medium size!  Also I was very excited for the alcohol.  I might have had two glasses of wine before dinner and I was definitely feeling it.  Hey, this was my vacation so I lived it up!

The next day we made the long trip back to Missouri, which reminded us why we don't go back to Ohio that often.  We had a great weekend  and it was worth it!

The following weekend was just as exciting.  Another day off of work for me, and another trip back to the in-laws place.  We visited with Grandma a bit since we knew we would be moving farther away. Our afternoon with her was hilarious as she kept telling Nate that he needs to get on "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire."  They were very insistent about it.

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging with some friends, yummy grilling, and Nate sorting through 10 years of Sports Illustrated magazines.

Here is what we started with:
And we ended up just keeping these:
I would say it was a success.

That Sunday we tried to go to St. Louis for some fireworks and a free outdoor concert with some friends, but it got rained out.  Since we were already there we just ate at the Cheesecake Factory and came home.
And of course we didn't leave without consuming some delicious cheesecake.

Then on Monday it was our anniversary.  We treated ourselves by sleeping in late. Eating some cupcakes (since we didn't have a top tier of our wedding cake to save).
Took pictures of us eating the cupcakes.
Had a "fancy" dinner at McAllister's (don't judge - The Cheesecake Factory the night before was our treat.)
Then sweating our butts off at the Cardinals v Reds Game.
Literally we were soaked through.  Luckily the Cardinals got us a win!

Those two weekends were just a whirlwind.  Traveling will do that to you.  Maybe that is why I spent most of this past weekend parked on the couch, except for my obligatory daily workout.  Yes, nothing exciting about this weekend although I was pretty happy to see part of the ABC Family Harry Potter Marathon.

We have so much going on this month.  Only 3 weeks left in Missouri then the big move!

No comments:

Post a Comment