Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Movies

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before but I love movies, but I am not a movie snob.  My enjoyment of movies comes from all genres - action, comedy, chick flicks, serious drama.  You name it I like it.  Maybe the only exception might be weird sci-fi stuff that comes out on Syfy Network.

Now I don't know if you have noticed but there is a ton of new movies come out this summer.  Summer is always a popular time for movies to come out, but I feel like this year there is too many to count.  So I am going to count them.

The hubby and I already made a start on the list with seeing two movies over the weekend/Monday.

1. Pirates of the Carribbean - On Stranger Tides

We saw this one on Friday and I have to say, I thought it was better than the 2nd and 3rd.  No weird romantic triangles, no complicated plots, no leaving cliff hangers that totally mean another sequel is on its way.  None of that.  This was back to what the original movie was about - Pirate adventure.  Loved it!

2. Bridesmaids


We laughed our butts off at this movie last night.  Two amazing women from SNL, one from the office, another from Reno 911 and Sookie from Gilmore Girls.  I died.  Funny, funny, raunchy humor.  Very strong language but it doesn't matter because it was hilarious!  You have to go just to see Melissa McCarthy's (Sookie) character.

Now into the stuff we haven't seen yet.  Be prepared because this list is going to get long...

3. The Hangover II (May 26th)

This is coming out this Thursday.  While I have heard some reviews from those who already saw the premiere that say it isn't as good as the first, this is still at the top of the list.  The first Hangover is one of my favorite comedies of all time.  I don't have a choice.

4. Kung Fu Panda II (May 26th)

Loved the first.  Must see the second!

5. X-Men First Class (June 3rd)

While I am a fan of the X-Men movies, the hubby is not.  Therefore I might be either seeing this by myself or once it comes out on DVD.

6. The Green Lantern (June 17th)

Although never a comic book reader, I do enjoy super hero movies, and I do enjoy Ryan Reynolds.

7. Mr. Popper's Penguins (June 17th)

I remember reading this book when I was really little.  While I don't really remember the book, I know that I loved it at the time and I love penguins.  I can't resist a movie with penguins in it.  However, I have a feeling that we might not make this one in theaters and instead see it when it comes out on DVD.

8. Bad Teacher (June 24th)

Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake, and Jason Segel. Yes, please!  The trailer is hilarious.  But beware if you are offended by strong language.  Luckily I'm not!

9. Transformers: Dark of the Moon (July 1st)

This is a no-brainer!

10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II (July 15th)

Anyone who knows me, know that this is the highlight of my summer!!!! Been waiting for this one for a while. This might end of being a midnight showing.

11. The Change-Up (August 5th)

Only saw this trailer the other day but I love both of these actors, and it from the people that did Wedding Crashers and The Hangover.  It is bound to be funny.

I think that is all for the summer movies.  Although I am sure something interesting will catch my eye and I will have to add it to the list.  So that is 9 movies we have yet to see this summer.  I don't think we see that many movies in theaters over the course of an entire 2 years.  Like I mentioned, some of those will have to be Redbox rentals!

(Ohhh and I forgot to mention, all the pictures were from Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment