Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Laziness

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great Memorial Day Weekend.

Ours was nothing exciting, but very relaxing.  Which was very much needed and much appreciated.

We started off the weekend with a movie, checking the Hangover II off of our list of summer movies.

It was one of the ones we were most excited about, and to be honest it let us down a bit.  Probably it was my fault for putting it up on the pedestal of greatness that was the first one.  Pretty much is was an exact replica of the first.  While it was funny and I enjoyed it, the surprise and intrigue of the first was definitely lacking.  If you like R rated comedies I still would encourage you to see it, but please leave before of the credits start.  That was the raciest part, and a little unnecessary.

Saturday I went to town cleaning the kitchen for a good part of the afternoon.  I cleaned out the stove and the fridge and pretty much every inch of the kitchen.  My night was a little more exciting as we planned to watch the Mizzou Women's Softball game.  Since the hubby works in the athletic department, we had free vouchers but the threat of severe thunderstorms scared us away.  Instead we headed over to our friend's place to watch the game with them and eat chocolate chip cookies.  It ended up not raining at all, but we had fun with our friends.

After church on Sunday, we went to out to eat.  Although we wanted to eat at a Middle Eastern place downtown called Casablanca's, it was closed when we got there.  In a last minute decision we ended up at Heidelberg's, which I told you here when the hubby snapped a picture of the tiger toilet.  While I do love the food there, I wanted to go to get the free cups which we didn't take when we were there last time!  It is a goal to collect as many free cups from restaurants in Columbia before we leave.

When we were full from our lunch, we headed home and lazily hung around the house until the softball game that night.  They were playing again for a chance to make it into the Softball College World Series.  Since it was evening I was hoping it wouldn't be as hot out, and it ended up being a beautiful evening!  Although we got there 55 minutes early, we barely got seats.  It was packed and was a very exciting game.  The girls won and are headed to Oklahoma City for the World Series.

The plan for Monday was to go to pool and enjoy some sun.  That ended up not happening.  We just sat around lazy all day.  I did motivate myself enough to do a small 30 minute workout at home, and ran some errands in the afternoon.  The weekend wrapped up with grilling out with friends and playing Clue.

It was hard to get up this morning, especially since since the hubby set his alarm for 3:30am.  Can't wait to tell you about the adventure he is on today and tomorrow but for now I will stay silent until I have more to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment