Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Faith

Lately I have been struggling a bit.  Finding my place here. Getting used to all the differences.  Missing hanging out with friends.  Taking job rejections hard.  Looking for a church where we connect.

Moving isn't easy, and especially for a controlling personality like myself it is even more difficult.  I want to be in charge and make things work.  I want people to behave how I want them too.  I want to feel comfortable.  I want to be needed at a great job.

What I forget is that I am not in control and I need to have faith.  I saw this posted on The Wiegand's Blog and really wanted to share.  This quote touched me personally.

Faith is risking what is
for what is yet to be.
It is taking small steps
knowing they lead to bigger ones.
Faith is holding on when you want to let go.
It is letting go when you want to hold on.
Faith is hearing God’s yes
when everything else says no.
It is believing all things are possible
in the midst of impossibilities.
Faith is looking beyond what is
for what is yet to be.
It is seeing the Light in darkness,
the presence of God in all.

- Ellen M. Cuomo

I know He has a purpose for me here.  He brought us here and we risked a lot to follow.  I just need to have faith and keep listening that I will continue to take care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment