Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Positive Outlook and Other Happy Things

Sometimes I look back at the things I have said and they seem really negative.  I don't like to look at myself as a negative thinker, but it is right there in black and white looking back at me.

While we all make excuses for the stuff we do, I know that it is just that I am letting the little (and also the big) things really get under my skin.  Why am I letting stupid things bother me and put me in a bad mood?  There is nothing bad about my life at all.  I have so much going on in my life to be thankful for and there is so much happiness all around me.

Strawberries are finally getting into season and looking gorgeous! I got a 2lb container and we almost ate half of it in 1 day.

We are blessed to have two vehicles so that when one needs repairing, we can still get around.  And even more than that I have a wonderful hubby who let's me use his car so that my windshield doesn't break even more during my work commute.

I have some great co-workers who are easy to get along and caring about my life.  They even make me little emergency kits that they know I have been dying to make, but can't since I don't have a sewing machine.  And they even make it in my favorite color combo -yellow and grey.

I have a great boss who is so supportive and understanding.  She gave me this opportunity to get into higher education administration and has been so patient in training me and answering my questions.  Plus she gives really great gifts for Administrative Professionals Day.

Why yes that is Gourmet Beer Bread Mix from the St. Louis Budweiser Brewery

I have a great group of friends and wonderful life group full of fun people of such integrity and wisdom.  Each week they challenge me to grow deeper in my faith and be a better person every day.  And then laugh at that's-what-she-said-jokes and play Mario until all hours of the night.

And those little things in life that remind you everything is going to be okay.
Thank you Hy-vee Chinese fortune cookie for your wise words!

No comments:

Post a Comment