I am glad to see that I still have readers! Thanks for keeping on coming back to visit my blog. I will try not to leave you hanging so long next time.
Today I have some confessions I need to share. Sometimes just saying them out loud/typing them on the keyboard helps relieve that pressure from carrying around those heavy thoughts. Usually I keep things pretty light around here, but there has been a lot going on in my life lately. I need to unload. Most of them have to deal with my fitness and food goals, because that is where I am the naughtiest.
And although my confessions do not relate at all to the ones Usher is singing about here, I feel like it still helps to listen to the song. Music Therapy - I am telling you, its amazing!
So here we go...
1. I purposely skipped out on going to the gym for 12 days. It wasn't because I wasn't feeling well, which might have been true at least one of those days. I have many excuses, none of which are good enough. This gym membership is supposed to be there to keep my accountable, but it isn't going to work if I just choose not to go because the weather is too nice out or I just want to sit at home on my computer.
2. I may have eaten at least 3 of these delicious margarita cupcakes, all at once and came back for more later. My self control is almost zero, and I am an emotional eater. These two factors do not work well together, and have caused me to be at a point I never wished to be at.
3. I am a bejeweled addict. I blame the hubby. He got me started and now I can't stop playing. Sometimes I play so much and I just zone in that I am barely paying attention to what I am doing.
4. I have been sneaking Mt Dews. Sigh. Not the throwbacks, but the bad-for-you regular Mt. Dews. It is just so good.
5. I bought two dresses recently, knowing that it was probably going to make money tight at the end of the pay period. I was right- money got tight, and I love my dresses. Since I barely ever buy clothes for myself (despite what people may think by the way I talk) I will forgive myself entirely for this one.
6. I have been pulling away from friends and people out here in Columbia. I know that it is 99% sure that we will be moving somewhere, we just don't know where yet. It is hard to say goodbye so I have been pulling away from friendships to make it easier.
7. I know what I need to do to meet my fitness and food goals. I just choose not to do it. I am comfortable living like I do, this is how I have lived for 22 years. Change is hard. I even tried to tell myself this week that it isn't worth being in shape and healthy, and I almost believed myself. I know what I need to do, but I need to keep that motivation going.
Well how is that for honesty? That felt good. This past week has been hard on me in many ways. However, this week I have been more optimistic and have been trying harder to meet all my goals. Nothing like getting started again! It's refreshing. Glad we always have that option.