Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Full From the Weekend

After all of the food this weekend, I think I am still full!  It seems like whenever we travel home we always end up meeting our

We made a quick weekend trip out of town to visit my in-laws in Southern Illinois.  The hubby's birthday is coming up soon so we wanted to visit a bit with his family.  Plus his friends were having a baseball draft party for their fantasy team, so it made for good timing to come into town.

I had a little time off at the end of last week, so we left in the afternoon on Friday and met up with the family at Lindenwood University to watch his sister's tennis match.  The weather was gorgeous and sunny finally, so we took that as our cue to wear shorts and flip-flops - not the best decision when the sun went down.

Hubby took off to join his friends and I stayed around to watch the end of the match and grab some food with my in-laws.  We decided on a restaurant I have never heard of - Lotawata Creek - and oh my gosh you would not believe the food there! It was huge!  Since I knew that absolutely none of this southern style cooking was good for me, I went ahead and ordered the Big Hillybilly Fried Pork Sandwich which was covered in sausage gravy and cheese.

Bad Picture taken with my phone camera

It took up the whole plate.  I am glad I took the waitress' advice and ordered a salad instead of fries.  I ate about maybe 1/4 of the sandwich and barely could fit the rest of it in the to-go box.  I had plenty leftover for at least 3 more meals!

Saturday was a bit of a lazy day, watching Buckeye basketball and playing video games.  For the hubby's celebratory birthday dinner we went to Lonestar and enjoyed some serious steaks.  On the way home we stopped to pick up some birthday Wii Games to entertain ourselves for the night.  Then finished up the evening with homemade chocolate pudding dessert, the hubby's favorite, and Wii Games until we passed out.

Sunday after church, we ate some Mexican food at a local place that filled me up so much I didn't eat for the rest of the day.  Then watched the Buckeye game and headed home.  I was wanted to stop by World Market to shop around, but had a headache and needed to get groceries since there was no food in the fridge.

It was a great weekend and we loved visiting our family.  Now I am back to work this week and mother nature graced us with some snow on a Monday morning.  Nothing like being back! Happy Monday All!

No comments:

Post a Comment