Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Single Lady ... for two days

The past two days I have gotten a little glimpse of what life would be like if I was single.  I have never lived by myself.  Either I lived at home, in the college dorms, with friends, or with the hubby, so when I get the house all to myself for a few days it is a little weird for me.

The hubby is on his spring break and since he deals directly with students (and they are all on spring break) he didn't even need to go into work.  He went home for a few days to hang with his family and some friends.  Unfortunately I have to work and could not take off since things are getting busy in the office.

So, for the past two days I have been living by myself.  It is a lot more scary than I thought and I am glad I have never done it before!  Sometimes I get a little paranoid.  One time in high school I was home all alone in my parents house for a week, and I was so freaked out I slept with the lights on and the land line phone in my hand. Seriously, true story.  Although I wasn't that bad this time, I still scare myself a bit.  I check the locks a million times -even locking my bedroom door, I turn on as many lights as I can, take super quick showers because I feel very vulnerable in the shower, and I stay up really late because I can't fall asleep.  Also, I can't watch scary movie trailers on TV - those suckers get switched as soon as they come on.  Yeah, I am kind of crazy.

There is that crazy side of me that is scared to be alone, but then there is the liberating side that I can do whatever I want.  It doesn't matter what time I get home because no one is waiting.  I can make whatever I want for dinner, and can watch whatever TV shows I want.  I can even watch marathons of SVU with no one judging me!


What did I do these past two days by myself?
Well, I woke up and went to work.  Then hit up the gym for class.  Grocery shopped.  Ate dinner.  Watched TV while playing mass games of bejeweled.  Talked on the phone to my sister.  Showered and slept.  What can I say, I lead an exciting life!  In my defense work takes up most of  my days and these were weekdays we are talking about.

So my verdict on this single lady business - Overrated! 

I can't wait for the hubby to come home today.  Things are so much better when he is here!  For sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment